- Targeted Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Day Care Centre
- Paxman Scalp Cooling
- Bone Marrow Evaluation
- Genetic Counselling
- Home Healthcare
- Clinical Research
- 2nd Opinion Clinic
- Multi-Disciplinary Tumor Board-MDT
- Onco Nutrition
- Onco Physiotherapy
- Medical Tourism
- Yoga & Wellbeing
- Patient Support Group
- Crowd Funding
Many of us have never heard a service called ‘Home Care’ until the crisis called cancer or medical need arises. It is a specialized home service for cancer patients where in families can avail this services for patients with low mobility, who doesn’t require hospital admission, terminally ill patients requiring palliation or routine medical interventions and medical management at home.
In cancer, many patients are diagnosed with disease at late stages. Many of the patients treated previously for cancer have recurrence of the disease i.e. cancer comes back or progresses from a particular stage to the next. In such circumstances, patients are treated with palliative intent i.e. they are treated with an intent of addressing their pain, symptoms and discomfort where the disease being under control is not possible anymore.
Home care is an increasing need in the current age because of increasing working individuals in families and lack of time to pay attention to such patients in the families despite the desire to do so. Home care involves helping cancer patients and families with best supportive care at home so that their quality of life can be made better. It primarily includes nursing assistance at home as well as treatment from cancer palliative care specialist at doorstep.
MOC Home Care services are intended to help cancer patients and their families by providing access to our specialized and skilled caregivers who provide the following:
- Consultation & Medication Administration: Highly qualified Palliative Care specialist to administer prescribed medications under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and a medical practitioner.
- Skilled Nursing: Medication management, tube feeding, wound care, injections and more.
- Activities of Daily Living: Bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, meal preparation, feeding, toileting, continence care, transferring, and lifting.
- Mobility Assistance: Range of motion exercises, assistance with walking, and turning/positioning in bed.
We assists cancer patients in need of home care services who live in private homes, retirement communities, independent and assisted living facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation centres, hospitals etc.