- Targeted Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Day Care Centre
- Paxman Scalp Cooling
- Bone Marrow Evaluation
- Genetic Counselling
- Home Healthcare
- Clinical Research
- 2nd Opinion Clinic
- Multi-Disciplinary Tumor Board-MDT
- Onco Nutrition
- Onco Physiotherapy
- Medical Tourism
- Yoga & Wellbeing
- Patient Support Group
- Crowd Funding
Clinical research has been at the helm of medical affairs worldwide right from the inception of healthcare and it has grown in importance by passing time. In Cancer related treatment interventions, clinical research is all the more relevant as the desired treatment outcomes are hard to come by, sometimes come with minor improvements. Clinical research in Oncology therefore accumulates many such small clinical improvements to make a significant evidence before certifying newer therapies for the treatment. Unfortunately in India, we failed to conduct clinical trials in ethical manner in the past and document it. There are many reasons to it including poor infrastructure and other healthcare priorities for government.
Mumbai Oncocare Center is proud to have a dedicated clinical research wing which intends to undertake prospective / intervention based / observational clinical trials as well as retrospective trials to bring about well-planned research and analysis to see if Indian trends and data set match with western literature available today or differ peculiarly. Objective is to deliver the best intervention suitable to every patient who walks in to Mumbai Oncocare Center for treatment and improve patient outcomes. Moreover, generated data will add to common reference for all cancer treating physicians and centers in India for their reference.
Recruitment process in a clinical trial includes the following steps:
- Identifying or sourcing potential participants who may be eligible based on defined guidelines.
- Discussing all aspects of the trial with them, ensuring comprehension and voluntariness, and subsequently obtaining informed consent for participation. Patient entitlements and rights during the entire duration of clinical trials.
- Conducting a physical examination and screening procedures as mentioned in the protocol.
- Enrolling the participant based on the eligibility criteria.
For further information feel free to talk to the cancer specialist.