Symptoms of lymphedema
Symptoms of lymphedema
In our last blog, we had written about Lymphedema in general and the human organs involved in it, especially in cancer patients. In this blog, we intend to bring out symptoms of it.
People with lymphedema in their Arm, Neck and around the Neck or Leg may experience following symptoms:
- Swelling that begins in the arm or leg
- A heavy feeling in the arm or leg
- Weakness or decreased flexibility
- Rings, watches, or clothes that become too tight
- Discomfort or pain
- Tight, shiny, warm, or red skin
- Hardened skin, or skin that does not indent when pressed
- Thicker skin
- Skin that may look like an orange peel (swollen with small indentations)
- Small blisters that leak clear fluid
- Symptoms of head and neck lymphedema include
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, neck, or area below the chin
- Discomfort or tightness in any of the affected areas
- Difficulty moving the neck, jaw, or shoulders
- Scarring (fibrosis) of the neck and facial skin
- Decreased vision because of swollen eyelids
- Difficulty swallowing, speaking, or breathing
Symptoms of lymphedema may begin slowly and are not always easy to detect. Sometimes the only symptoms may be heaviness or aching in an arm or leg. Rest of the times, lymphedema may begin suddenly. If you develop any symptoms of lymphedema, talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Patients will have to learn how to manage the symptoms so that they do not get worse. Because swelling is sometimes a sign of cancer, it is also important to see your doctor to be sure the cancer has not come back.
Lymphapress is the remedy for Lymphedema and related problems. Speak to your doctor about Lymphapress.
Keep watching this space for more information.
Contact us at 9022605284 for queries.
Write to us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tausiya Ansari
MPTh, Fellowship in Onco-Physiotherapy (Tata Memorial Hospital)
- 1st Nov, 2022
- Immunotherapy; A New Era of Promising Cancer Treatment- Dr. Ritu Dave
- 5th Mar, 2022
- Dr. Kshitij Joshi’s article in Indian Express today, 10th March 2022; on ‘Importance of Screening in Kidney Cancer’
- 4th Jan, 2022
- Breast Self Examination; Awareness, Attitude & Practice In India.
- 29th Dec, 2021
- Dr. Vashishth Maniar’s Article in Mid-Day
- 1st Dec, 2021
- Common Quetions About Cancer, Answered
- 30th Nov, 2021
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month: New Advancements In Therapy You Should Know About